Join us August 18th as we celebrate XMAS in AUGUST!
Why would we do such a thing you ask? Mainly, we’re moving after September and won’t have the opportunity to celebrate the holidays in the traditional sense so want to make sure to take FULL advantage of gifting and mistletoes, relentless holiday music on the speakers, endless cookie consumption, and decorating the ubiquitous Christmas tree. We’ll transform the space to the best of our means and take you and your family on holiday cruise at Dekalb Market.
Here’s what we have in store:
* Cookie Bake Off // Show off your dough rollin’ skills and win the kids over with this sugar rushin’ cookie bake off. Bake at least two dozen, bring a sign, and enter for a chance to win a $50 shopping spree at Dekalb Market. Voters are the patrons of the market and we’ll announce the winner at 5pm. To RSVP as a contestant or with any questions shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ugly Sweater Photo Booth with Santa // Our summer Santa is waiting for you to show off your ugliest sweater. Don’t worry we won’t force you to wear it the entire day, maybe just cut off the sleeves so it’s a bit more appropriate.
* We’ll be teaming up with Food Bank for NYC to receive donations to be distributed to New Yorkers in need.
* As if taking pictures with Santa weren’t enough get you squirmy we’ll also have a dedicated Mistletoe kissing booth for anyone waiting for that chance to peck your crush.
* We’ll have raffle giveaways throughout the day with gifts from vendors at Dekalb Market.
* Our retail and food container shops have free samples and specials in store for the day that include the following:
- KiraKira Jewelry // Free gift wrapping and 15% off purchases of 3 or more items.
- Eleanor’s // 15% off anything red or green in the store like this lovely bike basket.
- Mazie’s Bites // Free pizza for kids with an adult purchase
- Ebb & Flow // Create your own gift sets by choosing from any 3 soap sets or choose 2 soap sets and 1 candle. Mix and match from a variety of 9 soaps and 6 candle scents.
- Grumpy Bert // Summer gnomes resemble Santa, they might be distant cousins. These cutie plush toys are $20.
- Robicelli’s // Look out for hot buttered rum and pumpkin spice cupcakes from the best cupcake baker in the world.
- An Etsy Artist Assembly // 10% discount store wide, some vendors will be bringing xmas friendly products like stationary and cards. There’ll also be a “Santa Grab Bag” where customers can pull additional coupons from the bag when they enter the store for discounts and free items.
Don’t hesitate to come on out and bring out the decorations from storage! Wear your santa hat and your ugly sweater and celebrate XMAS in AUGUST with Dekalb Market!